12/12/16

Madison Caudle, Soldier

In my book A Royal Mess, the Queen has to learn to let everyone choose their own path. But what path do you choose? How do you decide who you want to be? To celebrate A Royal Mess going on sale, I want to introduce you to some cool people who do something that they love. Something that might sound pretty cool to you, too. 



Meet Airman First Class Madison Caudle
 Air Force
Intel Fusion Analyst




Madison isn't afraid of hard work, loves her country, and believes in herself. She answered my questions about what it takes to join the Air Force. 

Being in the Air Force is the most rewarding experience I’ve ever had so far. There’s a certain pride that comes with taking on this responsibility, and overcoming the challenges involved with this career. I’ve been able to meet lots of new people from all different walks of life. I get to see and experience things that I could have never done as a civilian, and most importantly, I get my chance to serve the greatest country in the world.

What inspired you to join? 

This is an ironic story actually. If you would have asked me about joining the military even two years ago, I would have looked at you like you were crazy. What finally inspired me to join the Air Force was just that…inspiration. I was trying to figure out “what I wanted to be and do when I grew up” and I was having the hardest time making a decision. I knew I wanted to help make a difference, make my time on this earth meaningful, and do something that would feel important to me. I was talking to my uncle who is in the Army National Guard one day, and it just hit me. I knew that this is something I wanted to pursue, and it has been the best decision of my life!






What did you have to do to complete your training?

I had to complete two months of Basic Military Training (a.k.a Boot Camp). My next step is six months of technical training in Texas to become specialized in my job, and then another six months in Florida for extra specialty training to have an edge up.



What was the hardest part?

So far the hardest part of this career has been completing Basic Training. You are thrown into a new environment, with anywhere between 35-50 other girls and live with them for two months straight. There is so much expected of you, and you have to learn to work as a team with people you have never met, and may not even like! Not to mention you don’t have any contact with home for the first four weeks, and then you get 1 phone call and letters (when you can send them). Basic Training is meant to break you down to nothing as a person, so your instructors can build you back up better than you were before. It works! 








What do you love most about being in the Air Force?


The part that I love most about being in the Air Force, is feeling like I am a part of something bigger, and knowing that I am helping make a difference in the lives of the people who live in this country. My unit that I work with is actually more like having a second family!


What are your future plans?

I plan on finishing my technical schools with the Air Force, and then going to college on the civilian side to further/finish my education. As of right now, I plan on being a cyber security analyst, but you never know, that could change in a few years too. I also want to eventually have my own family and kids in the future. 


Madison and her dad, Rick.

What else do you want to be when you grow up? (You know, the crazy-might-not-happen kind of dream...) 


Something else that I would love to be when I grow up…. definitely a high-end fashion designer! I love beautiful things, and I love clothes and fashion! I think it would be amazing to design clothes and styles and be able to watch them go down a runway! And if not the actual designer, I think it would be so cool to at least be able to be the one to choreograph a fashion show, and design the runway and everything else that goes into that. 



Thanks, Madison, for sharing your accomplishments and goals with us.

If you want to tell Madison thank you for serving our country, 
or have questions for her, you can ask in the comments.

If you want to learn more about being in the armed forces, you can go to:    


wiki.kidzsearch.com/wiki/Military


At your local library:












Available From:

The Well-Read Moose,
 Coeur D'Alene
Corner Drug,
Driggs, ID
Amazon
Barnes and Noble
Books a Million



When her kingdom falls short in fairy tale rankings, the Queen orders all her subjects to attend her new school for knights and princesses. But when the boys refuse to slay dragons and the girls protest their glass slippers, the Queen has to rethink her idea of happily ever after.











No comments:

Post a Comment